photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Saturday, November 29, 2008

tag...i'm it?!?

i have been tagged by the lovely jenny mae and i feel like such a dork. because it made me really excited! but then i got a little nervous. because i'm computer stupid. anyway, here goes (hopefully all the links and what-nots work):

guidelines:

1) Link to Green Meme Bloggers. (use image if you like)

2) Link back to whoever tagged you. (no need to wait to be tagged!)

3) Include meme number

4) Include these guidelines in your post

5) Tag 3 other green bloggers.



Green Meme #2

1. Do you use baking soda toothpaste or baking soda shampoo? If not, would you consider it?

oh man- i did no-poo for about 2 weeks and really was unhappy with it. it made my hair limp and dull. and the baking soda kept burning my eyes! i really like my aubrey organics shampoo, and i plan on sticking with that for a while. i've never tried making my own toothpaste. i LOVE weleda's plant gel toothpaste. however, i suppose i would try baking soda.



2. Do you make any home cleaning products?

i make all my home cleaning products, except laundry soap (i've been loving maggie's soap nuts here lately). i have varying success with each. can't go wrong with a basic all-purpose cleaner consisting of vinegar and water. for more of a disinfectant i throw in some hydrogen peroxide. i am still experimenting with my dishwasher detergent. i can't quite get the ratio right.



3. What is your top green issue at the moment?

cloth training pants for buddy. it can get a little...umm...messy.



4. Given unlimited cash, what is on your fantasy green wishlist?

are you kidding me? this is the best question ever! i would build a small sustainable eco-village for all my friends! it would be equipped with a farm, dairy, poultry, eggs, bees (for the honey, silly), and an orchard. we would, of course, harvest rain water, and have compostable toilets, live off the grid and live in bale houses (or cob- i'm not picky). we would have an on-sight bakery, wood working shed and pottery studio. we would offer classes in baking, wood working, permaculture and dying arts (like tatting). and have family camps and summer camps for inner city kids. oh...and i'd probably get a really eco-friendly robot to put up my laundry.



5. Have you implemented any new green act/behaviour/product this month?

i've been thrifting like a crazy lady! i also have been making my own facial cleansing oil (divine).



alright! that was fun! i tag amy (talk of mysteries...), lynsey (yonderway farm), and amanda (a homegrown life).

2 comments:

Steph said...

ok...a long time ago i said i was just going to rummage through your house and go through all your products and whatnot...I still want to do this!!!!

fun post

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I'm totally moving into your eco-village as soon as its done. Can I work in the bakery? HEAVEN!