photo h1_zpsac84397a.png  photo h2_zps4198f83b.png  photo h3_zpsfb878775.png  photo h4_zpsb401ec6b.png

Monday, January 27, 2014

moonpie is 10

This morning Birdy was up before I thought she should be.  It was still so dark out that I couldn't imagine starting my day.  I scooped her out of her crib and sat with her in the rocker to try to soothe her back to sleep.  Her cold little cheek found the warm spot in my neck and made a home right there.  You mamas know what I mean.  It's the best.
As I rocked my youngest daughter I watched my oldest turn in her bed and I couldn't help but marvel at time.  This day marks her tenth birthday.  But wasn't it only yesterday I was sitting in the dark rocking her sweet self to sleep?  Singing to her over and over "mama loves, and daddy loves, and everybody loves little baby...".  And really, for that matter, wasn't it just a few years back that I was celebrating my tenth birthday?  How can it be that I am a mother of a ten year old?





Gosh- I love her.  I love her creativity.  I love how funny she is.  I love how considerate she is.  I love that she still wants me to lay next to her in bed every night and rub her back and whisper about our day and the pony she will one day have.




She is my girl.  My girl that is quickly approaching womanhood.  She is my treasure and I'm going to continue soaking up every beautiful day that I have with her.  

Even the hard days are beautiful.  That's what being a mama for ten years has taught me.  




Happy birthday Moonpie!  I hope your year is rich in adventure and love!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I hope she has the most wonderful day and a year ahead filled with lots of love, laughter and adventure.

Maggie said...

Mandi, you have raised such a sweet girl and she's going to be such a sweet, strong woman. Happy Birthday, Moonpie!